Unsteady economic situation and business restart require quick, simple and feasible solutions. Nevertheless, help to recover the business activity does not have to lie only in hands of the government, or a bank. According to results from survey realised by CDCP SR, acceptable solution for companies appears to be also issuing of bonds, which often are more attractive and accessible option for some businesses than credit financing. Press release HERE.
Centrálny depozitár cenných papierov SR, a.s. hereby in accordance with Art. 2 Sec. 2.1., Part VIII of the Rules of operation announces that from 05.10.2020 the new rules within T2S (change request T2S_0691_URD) will be applied for the automatic cancellation of matched instructions. The specific rules are defined in Article 30, Part VI. of the Rules of operation.
For more information visit HERE.
The National Bank of Slovakia granted Centrálny depozitár cenných papierov SR, a.s. (CDCP) the authorisation for operation in compliance with valid European legal regulation effective from 28 January 2019. Granted authorisation directly relates to new European legal regulation harmonising requirements for organisation and certain aspects of operation of central securities depositories established in the European Union (EU). Therefore CDCP as the central securities depository operating in EU is subject to identical and directly applicable requirements, standards and rules and will provide harmonised scope of services.
List of provided services of CDCP according to the authorisation granted by the NBS:
I. SECTION A
Core services of central securities depositories
- Initial recording of securities in book-entry system („notary service“).
- Providing and maintain securities accounts at the top tier level („central maintenance service“).
- Operating a securities settlement system („settlement service“).
II. SECTION B
Non-banking-type ancillary services of CSDs that do not entail credit or liquidity risks
Services provided by CSDs that contribute to enhancing the safety, efficiency and transparency of the securities markets:
- Services related to the settlement service, such as:
settlement matching, instruction routing, trade confirmation, trade verification.
- Services related to the notary and central accounts maintenance services, such as:
- services related to shareholders’ registers;
- supporting the processing of corporate actions, including tax, general meetings and information services;
- new issue services, including allocation and management of ISIN codes and similar codes;
- instruction routing and processing, fee collection and processing and related reporting.
- Establishing CSD links, providing, maintaining or operating securities accounts in relation to the settlement service, collateral management, other ancillary services.
- Other services:
- providing information required by legal regulation;
- providing information, data and statistics to market/census bureaus or other governmental or inter-governmental entities;
- keeping of pledge registry;
- keeping of special registry of collateral transfers;
- keeping of list of shareholders of registered paper-form shares;
- services relating to allocation and management of LEI codes.
From 1 January 2019 to register establishment, change and cancellation of contractual pledge in CDCP it won’t by necessary to wait in the office. Newly all requests will be processed in the order as received by CDCP, however in period no longer than 15 working days from receiving, considering specific request. Goal is to make process of registration more effective, as before it was required that the requesting person had to be present during the registration.More HERE.
In the days of 22 – 26 October 2018 was performed testing of operation failure procedures. Purpose of testing was to verify whether processes of CDCP and of participants are accurate, to carry out real execution of procedures and check if a list of persons authorised to submit instructions and requests in case of operation failure is actual. No shortcomings with impact to processing of relevant requirements of a participant were identified. Therefore we consider testing of operation failure successful.
On 25 October 2018 was performed testing of participant default procedures. The test verified internal processes of CDCP, execution of immediate measures with regard to defaulting participant, procedures for handling a settlement instruction if one party is defaulting participant and method of informing the participants on default of a participant. Testing as such can be considered successful. CDCP successfully tested activities resulting from T2S operational processes, the Collective Agreement and also the Rules of Operation.
Centrálny depozitár cenných papierov SR, a.s. has published selected statistical data for October 2018.
Based on the adopted act, Tuesday 30 October 2018 is special public holiday when the Slovak Republic shall commemorate centenary anniversary of the Declaration of the Slovak Nation. Accordingly we would like to inform you that settlement of DvP/FoP instructions and electronic placement of applications for services to the information system of CDCP will be available on this day.
Amended schedule of CDCP operating days for the year 2018 is published on the web site of CDCP: https://www.cdcp.sk/en/operating-days-and-operation-day-schedule/
The entities are obliged to identify themselves with the Legal Entity Identifier code (LEI) when issuing book-entry securities and at realisation and reporting of certain financial transactions. In the Slovak Republic the LEI codes are allocated by Centrálny depozitár cenných papierov SR, a.s. (CDCP). Assigned LEI code ensures unique identification of entities worldwide and high quality of referential data.More HERE.
Centrálny depozitár cenných papierov SR, a.s. has published selected statistical data for September 2018